The National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice's (NABCJ) members always act in a manner that is honest and respectful of the dignity and individuality of all humans. Each of NABCJ's members is expected to exhibit a strong commitment to professionalism and a sense of caring for the needs of others. NABCJ Members:
* Will act to protect and respect the civil, legal and human rights of all individuals.
* Will always approach their duties and responsibilities with concern and compassion for the welfare of others and will not place personal gain above service to others.
* Will protect and respect the rights of all citizens to be safeguarded from criminal activity.
* When acting in an official capacity, will not allow personal interest to impair their objectivity.
* Will avoid any activity which presents the appearance of a conflict of interest.
* Will report to the appropriate authority any illegal, corrupt or unethical behavior where there is sufficient cause to initiate a review.
* Will not stand by idly while a fellow colleague subjects another individual to harsh or inappropriate punishment.
* Will strive to conduct themselves in a manner that avoids harassment towards fellow colleagues or the general public.
* Will be firmly committed to the goals of affirmative action and equal opportunity for all individuals, without regard to race, creed or country of national origin.